- That they cannot automatically trust what they read on the web.
- Be picky about what sources you trust.
- Find support for what you read.
- How to find good sources.
- How to use the internet safely.
One resource that I plan to use for internet safety is:
Noel and I have discussed using the Cyberethics site, which has several examples of situations kids may come across on the internet. It will be a good way to discuss how to handle different situations that may occur.
At the beginning of the year we will have a class discussion on what digital citizenship looks like and create a list of characteristics to hang in the classroom. A copy would then be sent home to parents either electronically or on paper.